Airborne Sensor Operator
Location: Brisbane, Permanent Full-time
This role is challenging and rewarding and involves capturing spatial data with a variety of industry-leading airborne sensors.
AAM is one of the largest dedicated survey and mapping organisations in Australia. Geospatial information is our passion and our livelihood and has been since 1959. We pride ourselves in supplying the best surveying and mapping services to the construction, development, mining, engineering and environmental markets.
The primary responsibilities of an airborne sensor operator are to effectively operate an assigned remote sensing system and support the processing, exploitation and dissemination of collected information.
- General Duties:
- Flight and sensor planning
- Sensor installation, testing and maintenance
- Flight and crew management
- Aerial navigation
- Sensor operation
- Quality control (QC) of acquired data
- Data management and transfer
- The ability to travel for extended periods of time
- Comfortable operating in unpressured light aircraft at various altitudes for extended periods
- Advanced computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft based software
- Possess or can acquire an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Possess or can acquire an Australian Passport
- An unrestricted driver's license
- Ability to work independently without daily supervision
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and procedures
- Operating knowledge of aerial survey sensors and flight planning software
- Technical qualification in photography and/or spatial science
- An understanding of meteorology
- Skills you will have :
- Desirable qualifications and experience:
How to apply:
Submit your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role.
Only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.