Location: Wollongong or Sydney, Permanent Full-time
Do you want to implement cutting edge GIS / geospatial business systems in the cloud and on customer sites and help customers maximise the use of location in their business? If so, come and join the AAM Geosolutions team. We are a dynamic team of geospatial experts who design, build, test, train and support business solutions using ESRI ArcGIS and Latitude Geographics Geocortex software. Geospatial information is our passion and livelihood and we pride ourselves in supply the best geospatial services to our customers.
Who we are:
With offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth and operations in New Zealand, AAM is one of the largest independent geospatial organisations in Australia.
What we are looking for:
A DevOps Consultant that will deliver technical and consulting services to deploy, manage and support AAM's cloud geospatial solutions.
What you will do:
- Track the best technology for continuous deployment and implementation of the AAM cloud solution;
- Automate the deployment and administration of AWS resources;
- Fine tune services to get the best out of resources;
- Monitor infrastructure to ensure uptime and availability;
- Follow industry best practices;
- Cost optimisation;
- Continue the rollout of our strategy around AWS and cloud;
- Work with operation and delivery teams to ease the deployment / configuration of services;
- Empower teams and encourage them to think in a DevOps way;
- Concentrate on automating as much as possible with focus on continuous integration and continuous deployment;
- Assist in the setup and administration of CORE AAM cloud server solutions like: Geocortex, ArcGIS for Server, Portal, IWS;
- Achieve core support desk KPI’s around support issue resolution time; and
- Perform key month end reporting and administration activities (including completing monthly performance and other management reports).
What we need from you:
- Ability to work independently, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around DevOps;
- Proven ability and willingness to learn;
- Ability to write install/technical documentation;
- Ability to work non-standard working hours to provide on-demand customer support; and
- Great organisation, prioritisation and multitasking skills.
In addition to having previous experience in a similar role, skills in the following areas are highly desired:
- Batch scripting for software deployment automation;
- Network administration and engineer;
- Systems administration: Windows and UNIX; and
- Knowledge of GIS, MicroStation and AutoCAD applications.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in computer science, software engineering or geomatics;
- 3 years’ plus in a similar role;
- Current Driver’s licence;
- Current passport; and
- Ability to work in Australia.
How to apply:
Submit your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No Agencies please.