Location: Brisbane, Contract Full-Time
Engineering Surveyor (Contract Role from February 2019 & August/October 2019)
AAM is looking for an Engineering Surveyor to do site survey work for the Three Chain Road re-alignment at Dawson Mine
This is a contract role commencing in February and goes through to August but potentially can be extended to October 2019.
Who we are:
AAM is one of the largest dedicated survey and mapping organisations in Australia. Geospatial information is our passion and our livelihood and has been since 1959. We pride ourselves in supplying the best surveying and mapping services to the construction, development, mining, engineering and environmental markets. We have over 100 surveyors and assistants in Australia and our survey expertise is sought internationally.
About the Position
- Initial control and establishment works will have a senior surveyor and an assistant as well as this site surveyor, but the site surveyor will take over the regular survey work after that.
- FIFO from Brisbane available (3hrs travel between Brisbane/Site including flight and airport time) each week.
- / 6 day weeks.
- Camp accommodation provided in Moura.
- Includes set out of:
- bulk earthworks
- road centreline
- pavement levels
- relocated services
- bridge to cross coal conveyors
Works will also include:
- Occasional boundary
re-instatementof the Registered Surveyor)
- Volume surveys for progress payments
- Progressive QA checks
- As-con plans
- Preparation/upload of machine control files, including data and calibration files
Minimum Skills and Experience:
- Experience in road construction, and preferably with some structure work for the bridge
- Capable engineering surveyor able to be the sole site surveyor
- Knowledge and familiarity with Leica instrumentation with Viva/Captivate, and 12d / AutoCAD software, especially for road construction
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Must have White Card
- Must possess Class C Drivers licence (can drive a manual 4WD)
- Needs Qld Coal Board inductions (Std11 etc), but this can be obtained prior to deployment
Submit your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role to email@example.com
Applications that include a cover letter will be prioritised.
Please note: only people with the right to work permanently in Australia will be considered.
Only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.