Expression of Interest - Airborne Sensor Operators (Full Time)
Location: QLD, NSW or VIC
Expression of Interest – Airborne Sensor Operators (Full Time)
AAM is one of the largest dedicated survey and mapping organisations in Australia. Geospatial information is our passion and our livelihood and has been since 1959. We pride ourselves in supplying the best surveying and mapping services to the construction, development, mining, engineering and environmental markets.
The role is challenging and rewarding capturing spatial data with a variety of industry leading airborne sensors. The primary responsibilities of an airborne sensor operator are to effectively operate an assigned remote sensing system and support the processing, exploitation and dissemination of collected information.
Roster: Currently 16 days on, 12 days off roster.
Some of the general duties of an airborne sensor operator are:
- Flight and sensor planning;
- Sensor installation, testing and maintenance;
- Flight and crew management;
- Aerial navigation;
- Sensor operation;
- Quality control (QC) of acquired data; and
- Data management and transfer.
What you will have:
- The ability to travel regularly for extended periods of time;
- Comfortable operating in unpressurised light aircraft at various altitudes for extended periods;
- Advanced computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft based software;
- Possess or can acquire an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC);
- Possess or can acquire an Australian Passport;
- An unrestricted manual driver's license;
- Ability to work independently without daily supervision; and
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and procedures.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- Operating knowledge of aerial survey sensors and flight planning software;
- Technical qualification in photography and/or spatial science; and
- An understanding of meteorology.
How to apply
Email your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role to email@example.com
Only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No Agencies please