Geosolutions Consultant - Permanent Full Time
Do you want to implement cutting edge GIS / geospatial business systems in the cloud and on customer sites and help customer maximise the use of location in their business? If so, come and join the AAM Geosolutions team. We are a dynamic team of geospatial experts who design, build, test, train and support business solutions using ESRI ArcGIS and Latitude Geographics Geocortex software. Geospatial information is our passion and livelihood and we pride ourselves in supply the best geospatial services to our customers.
With offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth and operations in New Zealand, AAM is one of the largest independent geospatial organisations in Australia.
A that will deliver technical and consulting services, including training to AAM customers both in the cloud and on-premise.
- Perform deployment, configuration and support of Latitude’s Geocortex, AAM’s Geocirrus suite of products;
- Configure and support of ESRI suite of products and deliver consulting as required;
- Undertake development of custom modules for the above software;
- Provide product training for end users;
- Perform application testing and quality assurance;
- Conduct performance tuning, improvement, usability testing, automation;
- Undertake consultative requirements gathering, definition and documentation with customers to ensure adequate understanding of technical requirements;
- Prepare technical documentation including deployment and administration guides;
- Perform server/network administration and troubleshooting;
- Prepare and deliver Pre-sales demonstrations; and
- Travel throughout Australia as required.
To be successful in this role you will already have prior experience in a similar role together with:
- Ability to work independently, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Have substantial experience in enterprise IT environments, particularly Windows Server and Microsoft IIS;
- Have substantial experience with at least one of the following ESRI technologies: ArcGIS Server, Desktop, Portal, ArcGIS Online;
- Have substantial experience with SQL, preferably Microsoft SQL Server and SQL spatial;
- Understand Web technologies;
- Have exposure to VMWare management and configuration;
- Create and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and managers; and
- Conduct Geospatial training to customers.
In addition to having previous experience in a similar role, skills in the following areas are highly desired:
- Batch scripting for software deployment automation;
- Knowledge of GIS, MicroStation and AutoCAD applications; and
- Project Management.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in computer science, software engineering or geomatics;
- 3 years’ plus in a similar role;
- Current Driver’s licence;
- Current passport; and
- Ability to work in Australia.
If you want to join the team, please send your resume along with a brief covering letter (1 document) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications that include a cover letter will be prioritised.
Please note: only people with the right to work permanently in Australia will be considered.
Only successful short listed applicants will be contacted.
No agencies please