Spatial Consultant - Permanent Full Time
Location: Sydney and Melbourne
Spatial Solutions Consultant
Do you want to implement cutting edge GIS / geospatial business systems in the cloud and on customer sites and help customer maximise the use of location in their business? If so, come and join the AAM Geosolutions team. We are a dynamic team of geospatial experts who design, build, test, train and support business solutions using ESRI ArcGIS and Latitude Geographics Geocortex software. Geospatial information is our passion and livelihood and we pride ourselves in supply the best geospatial services to our customers.
Who we are:
With offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth and operations in New Zealand, AAM is one of the largest independent geospatial organisations in Australia for over 60 years. The global team consists of experienced professionals in surveying, mapping and geographic information systems (GIS) who specialise in the collection, analysis, presentation and delivery of geospatial information. From vast expanses of landscape down to individual pieces of machinery, we capture it all. AAM’s products and services enable businesses and government to plan, build and manage the spaces where we live, work and play.
What we are looking for:
Reporting to the Team Leader - Geosolutions Consulting, you’ll have a hands-on technical role consulting and interacting with AAM clients, either from the office or on site, working within the wider Geosolutions team to ensure that quality Geosolutions are delivered on time and in budget for AAM clients.
What you will do:
- Deployment, configuration and support of Latitude suite of products (Geocortex) and Geocirrus, AAM’s primary cloud-based Geospatial products.
- Configure and support ESRI suite of products.
- Product training for end users on a project by project basis.
- Application testing, performance tuning, improvement, usability and automation testing on a project by project basis.
- Technical writing including deployment and administration guides.
- Server/network administration and troubleshooting.
- Pre-sales demo preparation when required.
- Travel throughout Australia as required.
What we need from you:
Apart from being a self-starter and a team player you’ll also showcase the usual well-developed verbal and written communication skills, good time management, attention to detail, problem solving, ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or Geomatics Sciences or equivalent.
- Up to 10 years of experience in consulting or professional services role.
- Substantial experience with ESRI suite of products including Enterprise.
- Substantial experience in enterprise IT environments (Windows Server & Microsoft IIS).
- Substantial experience with SQL (Microsoft SQL Server & SQL spatial).
- A well-developed understanding of Web technologies.
- Exposure to VMWare management and configuration.
- Customer facing experience including demonstrated Geospatial training ability
- Project management experience.
- Experience with VertiGIS (formerly Latitude) suite of products (like Geocortex) will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in consulting-based projects will be a bonus.
- Programming/Scripting experience will be well regarded.
What’s in it for you:
A competitive salary is on offer, along with a genuine career opportunity working with passionate, intelligent high-achievers in a well-recognised and highly regarded company in a fast-growing industry. And you’ll receive all the training you need in the operation of AAM Geospatial products and services including but not limited to: ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, Geocortex, K2vi, Geocirrus 3D, Image Web Server, Amazon Web Services, JIRA, Desktop
How to apply:
Email your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications that include a cover letter will be prioritised.
Please note: only people with the right to work permanently in Australia will be considered.
Only successful short listed applicants will be contacted.
No agencies please