Location: Brisbane - Permanent Full-Time
Your new company:
AAM has been at the forefront of geospatial information technology for over 50 years. We provide consulting expertise and technology solutions to the Resources (Mining & Minerals, Oil & Gas), Infrastructure, Utilities, and Government, Forestry & Environment, and Finance & Insurance industries
With a global reputation for innovation, we have pioneered leading-edge solutions to the market and continue to adopt industry-leading technology to meet the emerging needs of our clients. Continued growth has seen rapid development and growth in the development of AAM’s GeoIT business including DaaS, SaaS and fully managed services.
Our expert team integrates client data with all major geospatial platforms and offer consulting on enterprise GIS solutions, spatial content creation and data management.
With almost 500 geospatial professionals in Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia and Africa and a fleet of custom equipped aircraft operating across the region, AAM is an Australian company making its mark on the global stage.
Your new role:
Reporting to the LiDAR Production Manager, you will work within the AAM LiDAR production team with a small, highly experienced group. Your primary focus will be on process and delivery of LiDAR products, leverage cloud technologies in combination with third party, open source and AAM developed applications to produce enhanced processing capability to the LiDAR production group.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a primary resource for LiDAR data processing on topographic and utility surveys
- Manage, classify and generate products from LiDAR data utilizing internal and external tools and systems
- Work with internal clients to manage timelines and expectations for multiple projects
- Manipulate geospatial data related to LiDAR projects, generate vector mapping and package products for delivery
- Build, manage and organize data within AAM’s Cloud processing platform
- Support LiDAR processing software development and machine learning support
- Support sensor related troubleshooting and calibration efforts
What you'll offer us
- Bachelor’s degree in a geospatial field is desired, with a concentration in surveying, geomatics, or GIS from an accredited school
- Minimum of one year of experience working with geospatial systems, LiDAR data production and/or Project Management
- Skilled use of LiDAR processing and GIS software Microstation/Terrascan, AutoCAD Civil3D, ArcGIS, Google Earth, and other mapping software’s.
- Software development experience with a background in data science, scripting and machine learning desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency in LiDAR data processing software, including POSPAc MMS and Optechs LMS
- Demonstrated proficiency in LiDAR classification software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Travel to work at other AAM offices or short/medium term projects on client sites will be expected.
- The position may also include occasional overseas travel to AAM offices and client sites.
How to apply:
Submit your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications that include a cover letter will be prioritised.
Please note: only people with the right to work permanently in Australia will be considered.
Only successful short-listed applicants will be contacted.
No agencies please.