Location: Melbourne, Permanent - Full-Time
AAM are looking for an innovative minded spatial professional capable of managing our advanced 3D content creation developed from data capture including laser scanning, imagery and LiDAR.
The role is a coordination and management opportunity to lead and develop our rapidly advancing capabilities. With an established team across four countries the role covers pre-sales, project and team management, sub-contractor management, QA and client engagement. You will be involved in modelling the real world, digital twins, smart construction etc.
AAM has been around since 1959 and is one of the largest dedicated survey and mapping organisations in Australia. AAM is leading the laser scanning, modelling, 3D visualisation revolution in Australasia. From a statue, to construction sites, to all of Singapore; we duplicate the real world in virtual environs.
We pride ourselves in supplying the best 3D modelling, 3D reality meshes and surveying services to our clients in construction, heritage, development, engineering, infrastructure and environmental markets.
- Assist in project planning, project design (how to do) and costing
- Supervise the preparation of plans, maps, charts and drawings to give pictorial representations and manage spatial information systems
- Oversee and support the work of a small team of Surveying or Spatial Science Technicians in the production and reproduction of geographic products
- Be a caretaker of project data, archiving, retrieval and metadata
- Develop and innovate across data capture, production and delivery of 3D content across a wide variety of applications
- Analyse and interpret data to design maps, graphs, plans, drawings and 3D models using geographic information and related systems
- Be responsible for QC – Involves LOD definitions and reporting Quality statistics
- Develop BIM procedures and internal workflows
- Supply 3D content across many sectors including industrial, commercial, heritage, mining and engineering using a range of digital and graphical source materials, including aerial photographs, satellite imagery, survey documents, existing maps and records, historical data, reports and statistics
- Collaborate with other AAM departments (LiDAR, aerial, survey, GIS) to provide integrated spatial solutions to engineers, architects, designers and planners
- Advise Architects, Engineering Professionals, environmental and other scientists or other relevant professionals on the technical requirements of surveying, mapping and spatial information systems.
- Three+ years' experience in Modelling/BIM.
- Degree or Diploma in Surveying, Architecture, IT, Planning, Geomatics or similar will be favourably considered
- Knowledge of packages like Revit, Rhino, Cloudworxs, Verity, MicroStation, Civil 3D
- Ability to manage a small team and facilitate growth
- Experience modelling from point cloud and manipulating point cloud data
- Comfortable advising and consulting to clients and staff across a wide range of Modelling/BIM issues
A genuine career opportunity working with passionate, intelligent high-achievers in a well-recognised and highly regarded company and contributing to the success of AAM.
We are offering a salary starting from $85,000 plus superannuation commensurate with skills and experience.
Benefits include salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program, study leave and paid parental leave.
Interested in joining our team? Apply via Seek by submitting your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role or alternatively email email@example.com
Please note: only people with the right to work permanently in Australia will be considered.
Only successful short listed applicants will be contacted.
No agencies please
Closing Date: 6 September 2019