Solution Architect/Pre Sales Consultant
Location: Sydney or Brisbane
With offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth and operations in New Zealand, AAM is one of the largest independent geospatial organisations in Australia.
Your new role:
As a Solution Architect/Presales consultant you will support the AAM sales and technical team with the analysis, design and implementation of geospatial solutions including web and mobile applications.
Working directly with clients, account and project managers you will provide technical input and guidance on new project opportunities, architect enterprise geospatial solutions and where required support AAM's customers by providing support, training or technical consultancy.
Sydney or Brisbane
What you will do:
- Support the Sales team with technical input into bid preparation (including RFPs, RFQs, RFIs) ensuring AAM’s solution meets functional requirements;
- Translate business & user requirements into architecture and design specifications for prospective customers;
- Architect enterprise geospatial solutions using industry standard IT security practices;
- Provide technical expertise and product guidance to the sales team, prospective customers, and partners during the sales process;
- Active participation in scoping and executing client technical demonstrations;
- Develop prototypes of solutions against industry or specific customer requirements and extend web GIS 2D and 3D applications;
- Deliver technical training based on AAM’s Geospatial products including Geocortex
- Some client support, training, project management and administration;
- Some performance tuning/monitoring, improvement, usability testing, automation, capacity planning;
- Some technical writing including deployment and administration guides;
- Some server/network administration and troubleshooting;
- Travel to client sites and local conferences, seminars and trade shows will be expected to continue to grow AAM’s client base and strengthen its presence in the market.
What you’ll offer us:
- To be successful in this role you will already have prior experience in a similar role together with:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in computer science, software engineering or geomatics.
- 5 years’ plus in a similar role such as pre-sales support, system architecture or solutions architecture.
- Exposure to the following Esri technologies: ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Online;
- Exposure to the following Latitude/VertiGIS technologies: Geocortex Essentials, Workflow, Reporting, Printing, Mobile;
- Previous experience in at least one of the following areas - GIS/Geospatial software, SaaS and Cloud Services;
- Strong technology background with the ability to translate into business value;
- Strong business analysis or solution architecture training and experience;
- Effective relationship building skills, and a demonstrated consultative approach when working with core clients; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relate to all levels within an organisation, including operational users and technical groups
What’s in it for you:
A competitive package, along with a genuine career opportunity working with passionate, intelligent high-achievers in a well-recognised and highly regarded company in a fast-growing industry. And you’ll receive all the training you need in the operation of AAM Geospatial products and services.
How to apply:
Apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the job.
Applications that include a cover letter will be prioritised.
Please note only people with the right to work permanently in Australia will be considered.