Location: Brisbane - Permanent Full-time
Your new company
AAM has been at the forefront of geospatial information technology for over 50 years. We provide consulting expertise and technology solutions to the Resources (Mining & Minerals, Oil & Gas), Infrastructure, Utilities, and Government, Forestry & Environment, and Finance & Insurance industries.
With a global reputation for innovation, we have pioneered leading-edge solutions to the market and continue to adopt industry-leading technology to meet the emerging needs of our clients. Continued growth has seen rapid development and growth in the development of AAM’s GeoIT business including DaaS, SaaS and fully managed services.
Our expert team integrates client data with all major geospatial platforms and offer
With almost 500 geospatial professionals in Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia and Africa and a fleet of custom equipped aircraft operating across the region, AAM is an Australian company making its mark on the global stage.
Your new role:
You will work within the AAM LiDAR production and development team which is a small, highly experienced group focused on generating a wide array of LiDAR products. The Solutions specialist leverages cloud technologies, workflows and software development in combination with
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a primary resource for developing and performing automated and semi-automated LiDAR data processing and product generation;
- Drive the implementation of automation and new product production;
- Develop and help support the development of; software, automation and toolsets focused on generating efficiencies in producing LiDAR and related products;
- Build, manage and organize data and workflows within AAM’s AWS environment.;
- Provide configuration and support to machine learning algorithms as they are developed and refined for point cloud intelligence extraction; and
- Develop and oversee product or project specific algorithms or techniques to deliver new or refined LiDAR products.
What you will offer us:
- Bachelor’s degree in a geospatial or computer science field is desired;
- Skilled use of LiDAR processing and GIS software;
- Experience in cloud computing environments with experience in AWS preferred;
- Software development experience with a focus on C#, Java, Angular etc.;
- Background in data science, scripting and machine learning desired;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Software development management processes and toolsets.
- Travel to work at other AAM offices or short/medium term projects on client sites will be expected;
- The position may include occasional overseas travel to AAM offices and client sites; and
- You may also be required, within your skills, qualifications and experience, to undertake other responsibilities and perform other duties or projects from time to time as AAM may require to meet its operating needs.
How to apply:
Submit your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications that include a cover letter will be prioritised.
Please note: only people with the right to work permanently in Australia will be considered.
Only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.