Location: Flexible (Brisbane or Melbourne), 12 month contract
Your new company:
With a global reputation for innovation, we have pioneered leading-edge solutions to the market and continue to adopt industry-leading technology to meet the emerging needs of our clients. Continued growth has seen rapid development and growth in the development of AAM’s GeoIT business including DaaS, SaaS and fully managed services.
Your expert team integrates client data with all major geospatial platforms and offer consulting on enterprise GIS solutions, spatial content creation and data management.
With almost 500 geospatial professionals in Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia and Africa and a fleet of custom equipped aircraft operating across the region, AAM is an Australian company making its mark on the global stage.
Your new role:
You will work within the AAM LiDAR development team which is a small, highly experienced group focused on generating a wide array of LiDAR software solutions and products. The Solutions Specialist leverages cloud technologies and software development in combination with third party, open source and AAM developed applications to produce enhanced processing capability to the LiDAR production group.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a primary resource for developing ‘end to end’ LiDAR processing software solutions with a focus on leveraging cloud technologies and dynamic web application toolkits
- Be supportive of and focus on the implementation of automation within developed software solutions
- Build, manage and organize data and workflows within AAM’s AWS environment
- Provide configuration and support to machine learning algorithms as they are developed and refined for point cloud intelligence extraction
- Plan, track and manage software development via Jira software
- Work in collaboration with other software developers ensuring integrated code-repository management and efficient development branching
What you'll offer us:
- Bachelor’s degree in a software development, geospatial or computer science field is desired
- Skilled use of core software development applications and toolkits
- Experience in dynamic web application development (client and server)
- Experience in LiDAR technologies and GIS software highly desired
- Experience in cloud computing environments with experience in AWS preferred
- Experience with MongoDB document-oriented databases is an advantage
- Background in data science and machine learning is an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Best-practice software development management processes.
- Travel to work at other AAM offices or short/medium term projects on client sites will be expected
- The position may include occasional overseas travel to AAM offices and client sites
- You may also be required, within your skills, qualifications and experience, to undertake other responsibilities and perform other duties or projects from time to time as AAM may require to meet its operating needs
How to apply:
Submit your resume and a one page cover letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: only people with the right to work permanently in Australia will be considered.
Only successful short-listed applicants will be contacted.
No Agencies please.