Spatial Solutions Developer - Permanent - Full-Time
About the role:
We are looking for a full-time Spatial Solutions Developer in Melbourne to work with clients, account and technical managers on applications development, integration and support. This role will include client site work, support work and occasional internal development work.
You will be part of a strong Geosolutions team and develop software to support the needs of the Geosolutions business going forward. We need someone who is a team player, a problem solver, motivated by software development willing to be challenged and think creatively.
Who we are:
With offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth and operations in New Zealand, AAM is one of the largest independent geospatial organisations in Australia.
What you will do:
- Developing, testing, maintaining and supporting GIS applications, tools, and web services.
- Developing software in an agile environment by working with key stakeholders to develop new products and refine existing product range.
- Providing support, troubleshooting, and enhancements for existing GIS applications, tools and web services
- Performance tuning, improvement, usability testing and automation.
- Creating and maintaining technical system related documentation and user guides.
- Travel to work at other AAM offices and projects on client sites will be expected.
What you will have:
- Relational DBMS experience (MS SQL Server) – creating/maintaining databases + stored procedures + triggers.
- Applications experience utilising WCF, SOAP, WPF technologies
- Experience maintaining/reviewing existing code frameworks.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Web applications + Mobile applications development on Esri ArcGIS platform (querying map services, updating feature services etc)
- Python server-side development
- Geocortex Essentials / Viewer custom development and integration
- .NET MVC + AngularJS
- TypeScript, Node.js
- IIS 8+ installing/configuring/administration experience
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
How to apply
Email your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role to email@example.com
Only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No Agencies please