Location: Brisbane - Full-time
AAM is looking for a full-time Surveyor to work on survey projects as directed by the Survey Coordinator.
Our projects are not necessarily in one location, so flexibility and ability to travel is a must.
- Manage and perform various types of surveying tasks both field and office based.
- Deliver results in a professional manner to the client and / or Job Manager.
- Committed to safe work practices and is willing to embrace AAM’s and the client’s OHSE policies.
- Consult and advise customers on spatially related issues while on sites.
- Work closely with assistants, training of junior personnel may be required.
- Assist with the day-to-day coordination and management of survey teams, including adequate staffing to maintain safe and efficient operations.
- Provide timely administrative information as required including timesheets, invoicing assistance and QA records.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of best practice survey techniques and be thoroughly competent in the use of survey equipment and software systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to consult with clients on a wide range of issues.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Comfortable advising and consulting to, all clients and staff across a wide range of issues.
- Demonstrate competence developing and maintaining sound co-worker relationships.
- University degree, TAFE Diploma in Surveying or can be studying toward qualification.
- Possess a valid Drivers licence.
- Must have White Card.
- Registered or able to register with the QLD Survey Board.
- 1-2 years practical experience in engineering, construction and feature surveys in Australia/NZ.
- Construction set-out, detail, monitoring with on-site party leader experience.
- Can be under some supervision.
- Use of survey equipment (preferably Leica).
- CAD competence (AutoCAD, 12D or similar) and able to produce clear, easy to read drawings.
- Standard 11 Coal Board.
- ARTC/Queensland Rail/Aurizon.
- Traffic Management.
- First Aid & CPR.
What’s in it for you:
Salary with overtime provision, learning from skilled colleagues and a variety of survey work, tools of trade, Salary Continuance Insurance.
Please email your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com
Please note: Applicants must have the rights to work in Australia; only successful short listed applicants will be contacted; no agencies please.