Location: Perth - Permanent Full Time
AAM is one of the largest dedicated survey and mapping organisations in Australia. Geospatial information is our passion and our livelihood and has been since 1959.
We pride ourselves in supplying the best surveying and mapping services to the constructions, development, engineering and environmental markets. We have over 100 surveyors and assistants in Australia and our survey expertise is sought internationally.
About this Position:
We are looking for two senior surveyors to join our Perth team on a 2/2 fly-in fly-out roster for Pilbara and regional projects across Australia. This is a full time permanent role.
Manage and perform various types of surveying tasks both field and office based within a given environment.
Represent and promote the company in spatial forums and industry groups
Apply mature survey knowledge to complex survey alignments
Deliver results in a professional manner to the client and / or Job Manager.
Committed to safe work practices and is willing to embrace AAM's and the client's OHSE policies.
Including auditing of
- bulk earthworks
- rail placement
- pre and post pour concrete pedestals
- structural and mechanical placement
- underground services
- rail interfaces bridges
Works will also include
- Volume surveys for progress payments
- Progressive QA checks
- As-con plans
- Preparation/upload of machine control files, including data and calibration files
- Underground services model management
Minimum Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years' practical experience in Australia/NZ, in Engineering Surveying
- Capable engineering surveyor able to be the sole site surveyor
- Confidently work with minimum supervision while remote from the office.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Leica instrumentation with Viva/Captivate, and 12d/AutoCAD software, especially for bulk earthworks and civil construction
- Knowledge and familiarity with Terrestrial Laser Scanning and point cloud processing
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Have a comprehensive understanding of best practice survey techniques and be thoroughly competent in the use of survey equipment and software systems.
- The ability to modify established guides and devise new approaches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to consult with clients on a wide range of issues
- Comfortable advising and consulting to, all clients and staff across a wide range of issues.
- University degree in Surveying
- Process a clean unrestricted drivers licence (can drive manual 4WD)
How to Apply:
Submit your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role.
Applications that include cover letter will be prioritised.
Please note: only people with the right work permanently in Australia will be considered.
Only successful short listed applicants will be contacted;
No agencies please