Business Development Manager - Surveying
Location: Sydney - Permanent Full-time
Your new company:
AAM has been at the forefront of geospatial information technology and advanced surveying services for over 60 years. We provide consulting expertise and technology solutions to the Construction, Resources, Infrastructure, Utilities, Government, Forestry & Environment, and Finance & Insurance industries.
With a global reputation for innovation, we have pioneered leading-edge solutions to the market and continue to adopt industry-leading technology to meet the emerging needs of our clients.
With almost 250 geospatial professionals in Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia and Africa, AAM is an Australian company making its mark on the global stage.
Your new role:
You will work alongside the Survey Manager for your day to day activities and also have a reporting line to the Survey Lead. You will be part of a skilled team charged with creating survey business opportunities for us using leads and opportunities from the existing and prospective client lists, as well as tapping into your own well-developed network of industry contacts.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking account management of existing AAM accounts and developing new business from existing accounts in the fields of construction, development, 3D modelling, BIM, and surveying.
- Developing new business based on both proactive and reactive leads and opportunity nurturing.
- Contributing to AAM’s business development and marketing strategies to enable AAM to remain a market leader.
- Contributing to continuous process improvement across all areas that you are involved in.
Working with company systems and processes including AAM’s Sales Process, NetSuite and AAM Document Management Systems.
Travelling to client sites and local conferences, seminars and trade shows in order to continue to grow AAM’s client base and strengthen its presence in the market.
What you'll offer us:
You might be a Surveyor looking to move out of
Apart from being a self-starter and showcasing the usual well-developed verbal and written communication skills, great personal presentation, good time management skills,
- Degree or Diploma qualifications in Surveying, Spatial Science, GIS or similar.
- 5+ years’ experience working in Surveying and Spatial industry.
- Business Development experience in a B2B environment will be highly regarded.
- Working knowledge of Laser Scanning.
- 3D modelling, civil construction and land development experience would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills.
What's in it for you:
You will receive support from a range of other areas in AAM including marketing support for
A competitive salary is on offer, along with a genuine career opportunity working with passionate, intelligent high-achievers in a well-recognised and highly regarded company in a fast-growing industry.
How to apply:
Apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role
Questions regarding the role can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as well.
Applications that include a cover letter will be prioritised.
Please note: only people with the right to work permanently in Australia will be considered.
Only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.