Business Development Manager - Geosolutions
Location: Melbourne / Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide - Permanent Full Time
AAM has been at the forefront of geospatial information technology for over 60 years. We provide consulting expertise and technology solutions to the Resources (Mining & Minerals, Oil & Gas), Infrastructure, Utilities, and Government, Forestry & Environment, and Finance & Insurance industries.
With a global reputation for innovation, we have pioneered leading-edge solutions to the market and continue to adopt industry-leading technology to meet the emerging needs of our clients. Continued growth has seen rapid development and growth in the development of AAM’s GeoIT business including DaaS, SaaS and fully managed services.
Our expert team integrates client data with all major geospatial platforms and offer consulting on enterprise GIS solutions, spatial content creation and data management.
You’ll be a key part of a skilled team charged with creating business opportunities for AAM using leads and opportunities from the existing and prospective client lists. You will be well connected, able to tap into your own well-developed network of industry contacts to further grow business. Your primary focus will be on selling AAM’s GeoSolutions offering.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Applying your technical and market knowledge across AAM’s target verticals and product lines to grow revenue;
- Undertaking Account Management of existing AAM Accounts and developing new business from within those accounts;
- Developing new business based on both proactive and reactive lead and opportunity nurturing;
- Contributing to AAM business development and marketing strategies to enable AAM to remain a market leader;
- Active contribution to continuous process improvement in Project Acquisition and Execution;
- Maintain knowledge of relevant leading edge, geospatial technologies; and
- Travel to client sites and attendance/participation at local conferences, seminars and trade shows will be expected to continue to grow AAM’s client base and strengthen its presence in the market.
You are a sales leader, passionate about working with clients to develop solutions that deliver value for both them and AAM. You are a creative thinker that draws on AAM’s suite of offerings to design innovative solutions to client problems.
You bring your experience to contribute to the development of the sales team, improve sales processes and opportunity conversion rates.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate prior experience in a similar role together with:
- Well-developed solution selling skills in the B2B environment – if you know the ‘Trusted Adviser’ approach, you’ll love this job!
- Knowledge of relevant leading edge, geospatial technologies and trends;
- Previous experience in at least one of the following areas – GIS/Geospatial software, SaaS, Cloud Services, geospatial data or CAD;
- Sound knowledge of at least two market sectors, eg. Utilities, Government, Resources, Infrastructure and Engineering
In addition to having previous experience in a similar role, skills in the following areas are highly desired:
- Strong commercial acumen including negotiation and selling skills; and
- A passion for spatial solutions and technology and a strong commitment to personal excellence, with demonstrated self-motivation and resourcefulness
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years sales experience in the technology / software sector;
- Demonstrated experience solution selling in the B2B environment with a proven track record of meeting targets and quotas;
- Exposure and/or knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS); and
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in business, marketing, geomatics, GIS or computing sciences are highly regarded.
How to apply
Submit your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No Agencies please