Developer – Automated Technologies
Location: Brisbane / Melbourne / Sydney / Wollongong - Permanent Full-Time
AAM is a global leader in mapping and surveying. We specialise in acquiring, creating and managing geospatial and mapping data. We are a private company that has been mapping Australia and the Pacific region for over 60 years while continuing to evolve through our key tenets of safety, innovation, integrity and teamwork. With a truly dedicated staff of near 200 professionals we create essential imagery, terrain data and models of the natural and built world, servicing public and private clients in the environmental, resource, construction and infrastructure sectors.
Your New Role:
You will work within the AAM Development team which is a small, highly experienced group focused on building scalable, commercial and automated processes for geospatial intelligence. You will leverage cloud technologies, machine learning and software development in combination with third party, open source and AAM developed applications to produce enhanced processing capability for the mapping technology group.
You will be working in an agile environment with a team that is driven by personal initiatives and a shared desire to create real and measurable automation processes. The team and you will focus on full automation of point cloud processing and analytics and involved in all aspects of commercial cloud computing optimisation.
- Developing ‘end to end’ point cloud processing software solutions with a focus on leveraging cloud technologies and dynamic web application toolkits.
- Implementation of automation within developed software solutions.
- Build, manage and organize data and workflows within AAM’s AWS environment.
- Provide configuration and support to machine learning algorithms as they are developed and refined for point cloud intelligence extraction.
- Plan, track and manage software development via Jira software.
- Work in collaboration with other software developers ensuring integrated code-repository management and efficient development branching.
Location is flexible, but access to one of our offices in Brisbane, Melbourne, Wollongong or Sydney is preferred.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Cloud experience, ideally AWS, in particular:
- AWS ECS or cluster compute experience highly regarded
- Other AWS service familiarity is desirable including; Lambda, EC2, S3, SQS, API Gateway and Cloudfront
- Python Boto3, or similar, SDK experience highly regarded
- Server side development with a strong understanding / demonstrated experience, designing and implementing RESTful API’s
- Microservice experience, and familiarity with AWS Chalice (highly regarded), or Flask
- Geospatial Python experience, especially open source, strongly regarded
- Ideally utilising React and Redux, other modern framework experience considered.
- UI/UX design experience
- Strong understanding or RESTful API utilisation
- NoSQL experience, MongoDB preferred
- Geospatial experience, in particular with LiDAR is an advantage but not essential
- Linux familiarity desirable
- Docker familiarity desirable
How to apply:
Email your resume and a covering letter to
Only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted
No Agencies please