Geospatial Data Analyst - 3D Data Processing
Location: Flexible - within stated offices
Work for a leading geospatial provider.
- Develop your professional skills with your theoretical knowledge.
- Become a member of a highly skilled and diversified production group that operates across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Permanent role
We are currently seeking a dynamic and adaptive individual to join our team and support operations within these varied industries
Currently we have one fulltime position available, based in Wollongong, Perth, Melbourne or Brisbane office
What you will do:
- Undertake construction, manipulation, visualisation and presentation of geospatial data derived from aerial imagery and Lidar with particular emphasis on 3D building models – geometry, textures and attributes.
- Liaise with colleagues locally and internationally with emphasis on meeting timelines, achieving project specifications and quality standards
- Present spatial data for client deliveries in function and format as required by project specifications.
- Develop an advanced competency in AAM developed software, vendor specific software and processes.
- Develop and maintain sound co-worker relationships in a production team environment.
- Contribute to process improvement and documentation
What you will have:
- Degree in Spatial Science, GIS, Remote Sensing, Geodesy, or related field
- Significant experience in GIS spatial applications, particularly manipulation of 3D building models and associated datasets like vector mapping data and lidar data
- Proficiency in FME and ESRI ARC suite and Global Mapper; along with CAD applications such as AutoCad or MicroStation.
- Ability to problem solve and develop solutions to meet project requirements
- Open to a flexible working environment based on project demands.
- Capability for rapidly learning and retaining new skills and competencies, and a desire to diversify in a production environment
- Ability to multitask and work independently
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience with Sketchup or similar and Photoshop
- Experience in batch scripting and automation (eg FME, Python)
If you'd like to join our team, please send your resume along with a brief covering letter (1 combined document please) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality assured. Only candidates with unlimited Australian work rights are considered.
Please note: only short-listed applicants will be contacted
No agencies please.