Key Account Manager
Location: Perth, Permanent Full-Time
AAM has been at the forefront of geospatial information technology for over 60 years. We provide consulting expertise and technology solutions to the Resources (Mining & Minerals, Oil & Gas), Infrastructure, Utilities, Government, Forestry & Environment, and Finance & Insurance industries.
With a global reputation for innovation, we have pioneered leading-edge solutions to the market and continue to adopt industry-leading technology to meet the emerging needs of our clients. Continued growth has seen rapid development and growth in the development of AAM’s GeoIT business including DaaS, SaaS and fully managed services.
Our expert team integrates client data with all major geospatial platforms and offer consulting on enterprise GIS solutions, spatial content creation and data management.
This is a permanent full-time position based in Perth CBD.
You’ll be a key part of a skilled team charged with managing existing key accounts plus creating business opportunities for AAM using leads and opportunities from the existing and prospective client lists. You will be well connected, able to tap into your own well-developed network of industry contacts to further grow business. Your primary focus will be key account management and selling AAM’s GeoSolutions and Geospatial data offering.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Applying your technical and market knowledge across AAM’s target verticals and product lines to grow revenue;
- Developing new business based on both proactive and reactive lead and opportunity nurturing;
- Active contribution to continuous process improvement in Project Acquisition and Execution; and
- Travel to client sites and attendance/participation at local conferences, seminars and trade shows will be expected to continue to grow AAM’s client base and strengthen its presence in the market.
You are an Account Manager, passionate about working with clients to develop solutions that deliver value for both them and AAM. You are a creative thinker that draws on AAM’s suite of offerings to design innovative solutions to client problems.
You bring your experience to contribute to the development of the sales team, improve sales processes and opportunity conversion rates.
To be successful in this role you will have 5+ years sales experience in the technology/software sector together with:
- Well-developed solution selling skills in the B2B environment with a proven track record of meeting targets and quotas– if you know the ‘Trusted Adviser’ approach, you’ll love this job!
- Previous experience in at least one of the following areas – GIS/Geospatial software, SaaS, Cloud Services, geospatial data (Imagery or LiDAR);
- Sound knowledge of at least two market sectors, eg. Utilities, Government, Resources, Infrastructure and Engineering; and
- Knowledge of relevant leading-edge geospatial technologies, trends and data.
In addition, skills in the following areas are highly desired:
- Strong commercial acumen including negotiation and selling skills;
- A passion for spatial solutions and technology and a strong commitment to personal excellence, with demonstrated self-motivation and resourcefulness; and
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in business, marketing, geomatics, GIS or computing sciences.
Apply by emailing your resume and a covering letter to
Only successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted
No Agencies, please