Location: Perth, WA - Permanent Full-Time
AAM is one of the largest dedicated survey and mapping organisations in Australia. Geospatial information is our passion and our livelihood and has been since 1959. We pride ourselves in supplying the best surveying and mapping services to the construction, development, mining, engineering and environmental markets. We have over 50 dedicated surveyors and survey technicians across Australia, working with over 150 spatial professionals.
Our survey expertise is sought out across Australia and internationally, providing a solid pipeline of projects across multiple industries.
This is a full-time permanent role.
Based in Perth and reporting to the local Survey coordinator, you’ll manage your work to ensure timely delivery to your clients. An integral element of the role will be displaying leadership and keeping up to date with emerging technologies and processing techniques with specific emphasis on general survey.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Manage and perform various types of surveying tasks both field and office based, using a variety of technology
- Apply mature survey knowledge to provide complex solutions for a variety of projects
- Deliver results in a professional manner to the client and / or Job Manager
Type of projects includes
- Audit Survey of:
- bulk earthworks, including Volume surveys for progress payments
- rail placement, including rail interface bridges and culverts
- structural and mechanical placement
- underground services location and model management
- TLS Point cloud capture for mechanical and structural definition
- Control Survey
- GNSS surveys for aerial survey ground control
- RPAS survey for quantity management
- ASV surveys for TSF management
- Minimum of 3 years’ practical experience in Australia/NZ in Engineering Surveying
- Capable engineering surveyor able to be the sole site surveyor
- Confidently work with minimum supervision while remote from the office
- Knowledge and familiarity with Leica instrumentation with Viva/Captivate, and12d/AutoCAD/CivilCAD software, especially for bulk earthworks and civil construction
- Knowledge and familiarity with Terrestrial Laser Scanning and point cloud processing
- Have a comprehensive understanding of best practise survey techniques and be thoroughly competent in the use of survey equipment and software systems
- The ability to modify established guides and devise new approaches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to consult with clients on a wide range of issues
- University degree or TAFE Diploma in Surveying
- Current clean unrestricted drivers licence (can drive a manual 4WD)
Salary with overtime provision, learning from skilled colleagues and a variety of survey work, mobile phone plan with reasonable private use, Salary Continuance Insurance.
Submit your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: only people with the right to work permanently in Australia will be considered.
No Agencies please