Location: Wollongong, Permanent Full-Time
AAM is one of the largest dedicated survey and mapping organisations in Australia. Geospatial information is our passion and our livelihood and has been since 1959. We pride ourselves in supplying the best surveying and mapping services to the construction, development, mining, engineering, Industrial and environmental markets. We have around 50 surveyors and assistants in Australia and our survey expertise is sought internationally.
Our survey work is diverse and ranges from Tier 1 Construction projects in high rise/infrastructure, to laser scanning, monitoring and industrial surveying.
Reporting to the local Survey Manager, you’ll manage your work to ensure timely delivery to your clients. An integral element of the role will be displaying leadership and keeping up to date with emerging technologies and processing techniques with specific emphasis on general survey.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Consult and advise clients on surveying issues.
- Work in different environments, mostly focusing on the industrial survey.
- Direct liaison with client, attending to client's requests and needs.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with our Safety Management System and client safety requirements.
- Provide administrative information as required including timesheets, docketing, invoicing assistance and QA records.
- Knowledge of construction, industrial and feature survey with on-site party leader experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of best practise survey techniques and be thoroughly competent in the use of survey equipment and software systems.
- CAD ability (AutoCAD or similar) and able to produce clear, easy to read drawings.
- Tertiary qualifications in surveying.
- At least 3 years’ practical experience, predominantly in construction, industrial and feature surveys.
- Current clean drivers’ licence.
- Our projects are not necessarily in one location, so flexibility and ability to travel is highly regarded.
Salary with overtime provision, learning from skilled colleagues and a variety of survey work, tools of trade, Salary Continuance Insurance.
Submit your resume and a covering letter summarising your experience and outlining why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.
Only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.